Tuesday, August 28, 2018


I am a 70+ year old writer/columnist from Lockport. 

First off, let me say that I absolutely hated writing in high school. I would frequently write my compositions, essays and book reports on the bus, when I was on my way to school.  I wrote a book report on “The Good Earth” by Pearl S Buck, for three years in a row in high school. It was the exact same book report, just rewritten, word for word, on a clean sheet of paper. Fortunately I had three different English teachers. I didn't find my love for writing until I was in my mid 60's and I now write 3-4 articles a week. 

I have written over 500 articles over the past three years, many of which deal with growing up in Western New York. I have written a series of articles on early Buffalo television including Rocketship 7, Captain Kangaroo, Howdy Doody, and Mr. Rogers. I have also written on my childhood in the Bailey-Kensington area, shopping at The Mohegan Market, and sailing on Lake Erie. 

 I write restaurant reviews for the Niagara Falls Gazette and the Union Sun and Journal and have had Opinions/Editorials published in the East Niagara Post, The Lockport Star, The North Tonawanda Extra, The Niagara Falls Gazette, The Buffalo News and I get published every week in The Lockport Union Sun & Journal. I also just recently started writing for the Niagara Falls Reporter, ArtVoice and Buffalo Rising.

I  have always said I wished I could find a way to download all my knowledge and experiences so I could share them with my children and grand children. I think I may have found the way.